Assurance AssociateJOHNSON, MILLER & CO. CPA'S PC
Assurance Associate will be responsible for applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in compilations, reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required, minimum 3.0 GPA
- Masters in Accountancy or equivalent preferred
- Accounting based internship beneficial
- Eligible to sit for CPA exams preferred or pursuing plans to complete CPA exam eligibility requirements
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of internal accounting controls, generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards;
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm;
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment;
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions; and
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Superior Benefits Package:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Plan Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- A.D. & D. Insurance
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Health Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Generous allocation of paid time off and holidays
- Unlimited career growth potential
Please attach your cover letter, resume and transcripts to the application.